Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016

BERLIN IN PICTURES

I am now living in Berlin since two weeks and would love to share some impressions of my time with you. I'm working in an incredibly inspiring, photography-focused art gallery named "Camera Work"  that I would definitely recommend to visit to everyone who goes to Berlin. The picture above shows the CWC Gallery in Berlin-Mitte, which is one of the two gallery locations (the other one is in Charlottenburg).   
From Friday on, the gallery in Charlottenburg is presenting an exhibition of the American fashion photographer Louis Faurer, whose black and white photographs taken in New York, Paris and elsewhere fascinate with an authentic and imposing flair of the 40's and 50's. I'm so happy to be able to gain experience at Camera Work, which has already made my stay in Berlin worthwhile. 
I took this picture when I went to "Klunkerkranich" with a friend last week. The Klunkerkranich is a café / bar located on a shopping center's roof top in Berlin-Neukölln which seems more like a rooftop garden than a normal bar. People actually go there to plant their own herbs and vegetables, which gives the bar its unique and special charme. We had some drinks, a German Bratwurst and enjoyed a beautiful sunset over Berlin.
In my first week, me and my boyfriend had some pretty delicious burgers with potato sticks at "Shiso Burger" in Berlin-Mitte. 
Even though at the moment I still have to work hard on my uni essays I have to finish till Friday, I'm incredibly happy to be in Berlin and get to know new inspiring places and people everyday. It is a great change to the small and rather unspectacular town where I study in Germany, and I'm excited and curious how this summer is going to affect me. It is also the first time that I'm living together with my boyfriend, and we found a small and cute apartment in Prenzlauer Berg. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen